This fund, founded in 1926, is a registered charity which offers support and financial help to King’s Nurses and Midwives, whatever age, both members and non-members of the King’s College Hospital Nurses League.
Examples of assistance
- Financial assistance towards aids for daily living e.g. wheelchairs, stairlifts, bathing aids
- Payment towards counselling/well being.
- Help with travel expenses e.g. to appointments or a reunion.
- Short term convalescence and respite care
- Help for carers
- Help following adverse weather conditions.
- Phone calls and support, not necessarily a financial need
The Benevolent Committee can also organise visits from a League member for friendship and support and are encouraging local reunions. If a member would like to arrange a local reunion in their area please contact the membership secretary firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in finding members in the area.
All enquiries are discussed and dealt with in the strictest confidence
For further information or to request assistance please see the contact form in the League Journal or contact the Benevolent Fund Secretary, Mrs Diana Fletcher at email@example.com
Any donations and legacies left to the Benevolent Fund are always very gratefully received, please contact the treasurer Mrs Jane Jarvis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Trustees: J.M. Coleman, D.M. Fletcher, J K Jarvis